Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Ok, so we don't live on a ranch, but we are surrounded by them... and a dairy. I thought that I would post some of the pictures of the house when we first moved in. The previous owner of the home was a single fellow that was obsessed with hanging things on the walls. I don't really blame him there is a lot of wall space in this house after all, and I think he just want it to feel full or wanted to just add some color. However, I'm on team "less is more" and "just because you can, doesn't mean you should." Here's what the house looked like with his things:


Did you see the pictures hung on the back of the cabinets over the kitchen peninsula? What about the too-big picture over the kitchen sink? The first time we met him, I made the mistake of asking him where his wife was. He wasn't married. Oops! Sorry for assuming... Oh well, to each their own.

You know how sometimes on the house-hunting or get-it-sold shows, there's always someone trying to convince the potential buyers to look past the current owner's things or someone trying to get the current owner to get rid of some of their stuff so that the potential buyers can envision themselves living there? None of that advice existed in our transaction. He clearly didn't do any "editing" of his decor (or maybe he did... eek!) but even so, the Hubby and I had no problem looking past it. However, I still couldn't wait to see what the house would look like empty.


The first day in our new house was so exciting! I apologize for the lack of empty house pictures, but I had some painting to do! As you can see, I wasted no time getting to the paint in the kitchen... but can you blame me? The house lacked definition AND color. In fact, the only thing that had been painted in the house before we got there was that "lovely" peach partition wall. Peachy didn't stick around for long...

1 comment: